knuckle coupling

Gac66610

slight concern with these coupling, picture is fuzzy, but you can see they dont quite line up. just wondering what the easiest fix would be?
Coupling_zps84462ece.png

any advice appreciated:)

Kadee make couplings with heads at different heights, which would solve your problem. I suggest you have a look on their site, as they will list what couplers will fit your loco best. I also think you would do well, by getting a Kadee height gauge, so you can make sure that your rolling stock couple properly. http://kadee.com/
Ron

will do, have read a lot of different posts regarding Kadee couplers, appreciate the link!
I'm sure there will be quite a few 'tools' I'll need to acquire, appears my list has started. :)

Thanks for the replies.

Ditto on the height gauge.........from the picture you can't tell if the coupler on the left is too low, or the one on the right too high, or maybe a little of both. Resolving the mismatch is relatively easy, but you can't just fix this one problem (unless you never change your consists) or you might just be creating a new problem when you couple to something else. Get the gauge and set ALL your stuff to the guage.

Ditto on the height gauge.........from the picture you can't tell if the coupler on the left is too low, or the one on the right too high, or maybe a little of both. ..... Get the gauge and set ALL your stuff to the guage.

Ooooh, I understand now! Can't just change this one to fit cause it may not work with another .... did not think of that ... thank you
edit: I trust my LHS should have one.

You could see it couldn't you ... it was like a light bulb went on above me:rolleyes:

Back