kc southern xmas train

They added another car or two this year i believe. We pulled it out of the car shop at work this morning and it looked bigger than last year. It's on display in Shreveport tonight then on to it's yearly tour starting monday.

Now, that shows some class. Not only does the KCS have a really nice holiday train, but they have two layouts set up inside the boxcars. I'm sure that train cost the company a lot of money to make and maintain and probably doesn't make a dime in profit, but it sure does keep the KCS in the hearts of the people along the route. I wish other railroads would realize the public relations value and just plain joy that having a train like this brings to untold numbers of the young and not so young that see it. I think I'm going to buy some KCS stock Monday morning. :)

Weren't the cabooses former ICG cabooses? They have the ICG look to them with the extra room om the "porches".

I can't say for sure, but when the ICG spun off trackage in the 1980s, MidSouth RR, along with other shortlines in Mississippi, got a lot of ex-IC/ICG equipment (Tenn-Ken, Columbus and Greenville, Meridian and Southern, etc.). At the Levee St. Station in Vicksburg, MS (formerly the Yazoo and Mississippi Valley RR, a former IC subsidiary), there is a widevision Centralia Shops caboose in MidSouth paint.

MidSouth is/was a subsidiary of KCS.

Now, that shows some class. Not only does the KCS have a really nice holiday train, but they have two layouts set up inside the boxcars. I'm sure that train cost the company a lot of money to make and maintain and probably doesn't make a dime in profit, but it sure does keep the KCS in the hearts of the people along the route. I wish other railroads would realize the public relations value and just plain joy that having a train like this brings to untold numbers of the young and not so young that see it. I think I'm going to buy some KCS stock Monday morning. :)

Like the canadian pacific, although they dont have layouts in the boxcars, they do have a band car, basically a stage on rails. ive only been once but its a great looking train and it collects food for the local food pantries if i remember right. also i think they might run 2 trains. not sure on that though. i think the kcs is a beautiful christmas train, especially the fake engine, thats really cool.

Back