Kato Terminal Unijoiner placement help

Hi Everyone, I need a little help here so that I don't make the same mistake of losing power like on my last layout. Please see attached picture. If it helps I can upload my any rail file so that it is easier. Also any comments or suggestions are greatly appreciated as I am some what of a noob with only a little over a year into the hobby.

Attachments

• Layout Rev 1.24.jpg
    Layout Rev 1.24.jpg
    387.5 KB · Views: 643
OK, so... You've got at least three power packs, yes? One blue one is paired with the black one, and together they control the turntable and its branches as far as your inline yard. The power pack for the inside line also controls your other yard via the power-routing turnouts. A separate power pack should control the outer main line and all the sidings at the top of the picture. Is that right? I can't seem to edit the picture but you have to remember that the default for the turntable and all turnouts is power-routing. I'm also assuming all your equipment is Kato.

Toss that "Digitrash" IN the trash and get a 5 amp NCE Power Pro, you could run 6 loco's on there at once with one feed and no problems!

I AM running ridiculous numbers(9!) of loco's on here on a LARGE(400 feet) amount of track with an NCE system and all on ONE power hook up!

PLUS i'm all HO! Just noticed you are N scale, you should be able to do TWICE what I'm doing with NO troubles in N scale!

New Guy, I don't think his Zephyr is the problem. I've got a Zephyr Xtra and have had 8 locos running at the same time with no problems. It supplies 3 amps and is completely expandable to any configuration needed.

Roberto, would you be more specific as to your question? What I think you're asking is where is the best place to put your terminal track. Personally, I would recommend at least two of them. Better yet would be feeder lines every three feet or so to ensure good electrical continuity. If this isn't what you meant, please correct me and somebody can surely help.

Yes that is what I am asking there seems to be a lot of different schools of thought on this at n scale.net I am being told to put one at each leg of the turnout

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back