kato couplers

Michael

I can't find replacement couplers for Bachmann EMD GP40 locomotive to KATO. Spent mega hours on the internet and ordered
several couplers but no luck. I sure would like a little help!!!!

Ahh, you want to replace the factory bachmann couplers for something that will be compatible with Kato couplers? Is that right?

I had a moment of weakness and bought a bachmann engine (N Scale - HO might be different) and don't recall any issues coupling it to Kato rolling stock; however, I swear by Micro Trains Couplers if I need to replace any. Which ones exactly, I can't say sorry.

I can't find replacement couplers for Bachmann EMD GP40 locomotive to KATO. Spent mega hours on the internet and ordered
several couplers but no luck. I sure would like a little help!!!!
In N-scale, Kato couplers are very nice couplers and work extremely well on its own trains. Micro-Train Lines (MTL) are also very nice couplers, and work extremely well on its own trains and virtually everything else. The main problem is, that Kato and MTL couplers do not work very well or play very well together.

I have found it's generally easier to convert Kato trains over to MTL couplers, as opposed to vice-versa. Maybe not in every circumstance, but at least some. Micro-Trains makes lots of conversion to fit a wide variety of trains. If Kato offers any couplers for sale separately, it's probably just replacement couplers to fit its own trains (don't know for certain, but taking an "edumicated" guess here).

The nice thing to know is, you could probably get either brand to to fit the other with enough micro-surgery. 🤕

Not sure if this totally helps, but maybe at least explains it a little bit................ 🤔

Ahh then someone forgot to tell me and my Kato engines and MT Rollingstock, as they work fine together and have for years ;)
Well, if you like watching trains tick off laps around an endless oval, they're fine.

But, if you're into operations, and do a lot of switching/shunting, I still stand by my statement. :)

Oh trust me, my layouts are anything but an endless oval ;) Anyway, perhaps you should have put your opinion into perspective by stipulating the conditions under which YOU had issues. Just a suggestion to prevent any confusion.

Back