Kaslo M-420 CN

ccool

Hi !

Other project about ready to paint.

I have some interogation about the rear pilot.

I model the # 2500

The more easy is to see if anyone have a good picture of the rear pilot ?

I want to know if the have grab iron and how is the car catcher, the kaslo look too big.

Any help again ?

Thanks !

Wow!! well my Google search turned up information that in 1987 that the units were renumbered to a 3000 series. Unit 2500 became 3500 and so on.
I have a couple of photos I downloaded from the internet MLW-420 3579 front and 3533 rear. These are copyrighted photos and I cannot display them on the internet. If you Private Message your email address to me I will send the photos to you.

Cheers
Willis

Hi !

I check the only 2 picture that i have again and i think that it do not have car catcher.

Do you agree ?

THanks !

ccool please remove these photos from the forum Photo Gallery, unless you are Jim Parker or you have permission to post them. If you have permission please state that you have permission in your post.

Willis

Last edited by a moderator:
They originally didn't have rear pilot plows because they were freight units. After a while (not sure when, but definately when they were renumbered 3500s) they were redesignated road switchers and got rear numberboards, plows and a/w windows.

Hi !

Take a look again on the second picture, it look like to have "something" on the pilot, it's not big like a plow, i'm very confused again

THanks !

I think what you're seeing is a welded on cover for the orginal pilot and footboards. This was done when the regulations required that locomotives no longer have a horizontal flat pilot or footboards for a crew member to stand on while the engine was in motion. It was cheaper to weld a cover on than to completely rework the pilot.

Back