Just stopping by....

Blacksheep

Hi, I'm new to your forum, looks nice, lots of material and endless amounts of info. I've been lurking from the railroad forum next door for a while, I couldnt resist any longer.

I've been a rail fan/ modeler my whole life, I have had only two real layouts, both as a kid and both were in N scale. I've dabbled in HO, HOn3, large scale (Live steam a little) and now I'm considering a small layout in the corner of my office/bonus room. Probably On30, it looks appealing to me, affordable and also big enough to see and handle but still not so big I have to move out of the house and purchase a back up generator for my power supplies.

I think the neatest thing I'v ever built, in the railroad world that is, was a three truck MDC shay. It was a HO standard gauge kit and back then I was really poor, got bored when I completed it and had no money for another model so I converted it to run on N scale track. It was a challenge but I had a ball doing it, too bad they dont build those kits anymore.

Any-who, glad to be here.

Welcome aboard, Blacksheep. On30 is a real interesting scale since you can have big things in a relatively small space. Lots of new things in the hobby now, like DCC, so it's a good time to get back in. We are pretty laid back here but don't put up some of the squabbles that go on next door. We also believe there are no stupid questions so ask away.

Welcome aboard, Blacksheep. On30 is a real interesting scale since you can have big things in a relatively small space. Lots of new things in the hobby now, like DCC, so it's a good time to get back in. We are pretty laid back here but don't put up some of the squabbles that go on next door. We also believe there are no stupid questions so ask away.

Cool, thanks. I haven't been on the other forum very long either so I haven't noticed any squabbling yet, but I avoid drama like the plague so no worries. :D

Back