Just started my layout

VitekK

ARZC
Hello to all this is my first post on this site and am very excited about it and found a great amount of information. here are a few pics of my layout so far just did the bench work last week and now im playing around with ideas on laying out the track. let me know what you all think
its a L-shaped bench 3'x7'
trak.jpg

trak1.jpg

trak2.jpg

Nice start. My biggest recomendation would be to put a triangle of bench work into the corner of the 'L' to catch cars if they derail on that corner. It is very close to the edge.

Nice start. My biggest recomendation would be to put a triangle of bench work into the corner of the 'L' to catch cars if they derail on that corner. It is very close to the edge.

yes im thinking about adding a triangle piece to that corner it would give me more room on that curve.

Looks good so far! Do you have a track plan?

I'm still playing with different ideas as for the layout of track and am also going to add a second loop that is elevated on the back of the layout with more bridges and a tunel. My basic idea is to model the interchange between ARZC (arizona & california) and BNSF at Castle Hot Springs. Here is some more info on that and pics
http://www.geocities.com/~aeromoe/local.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats a lot of pumpkins!

I guess you are talking about the BNSF engines.

my idea is to have one BNSF Dash8-40BW and a BNSF SD 40

and i will have to do 2 custom painted ARZC locos a GP-38 and a GP40-2 and also im thinking of doing to ARZC gunderson husky stacks since they own 3 of them just want to go with what they have

Yeah, a lot of folks call those big orange engines "pumpkins".

Those loco's sound like good choices for that sized layout.

Well i got some more of the supplies i needed and will be doing some more building this weekend and hopefully laying some track by sunday night.

I also got one of my locos over the week a nice BNSF "pumpkin" Dash8-40BW from atals and i got some more rail cars comeing in the next few days so things are coming along. im getting excited i should have some pics by the end of the weekend with some more progress.

Layout looks like it has a good start and it sounds like you are moving ahead at full speed. Nice work!:)

i have been working on my layout almost daily and things are coming together nicely. i started doing a little senary here are a few pics.

train3.jpg

train2.jpg

train1.jpg

Back