Just picked up a new BLI NW2

Marlin39

I bought one the BLI GP-20's a few months ago and was super impressed with the Paragon 4, detail, sound, great price, performance, etc. I picked up one of the new NW2's yesterday and it was just as impressive.

I know some people aren't as impressed as I am with BLI, but the quality at that price point is really a great value. I don't have any of their steam because I can't stand the smell of the smoke.

I don't care for the smoke, either. When I get one with smoke, I run it until it stops smoking, then turn off the smoke unit using the switch on the engine.

I bought one the BLI GP-20's a few months ago and was super impressed with the Paragon 4, detail, sound, great price, performance, etc. I picked up one of the new NW2's yesterday and it was just as impressive.

I know some people aren't as impressed as I am with BLI, but the quality at that price point is really a great value. I don't have any of their steam because I can't stand the smell of the smoke.
I have about 15 BLI products commencing in 2005. I have not purchased any of their steamers in the Paragon 3 series because I had all I wanted, or their new ones were not what I was modeling, but also because of negative comments over their electrical problems. However, I purchased the newly release Paragon 4 Santa Fe 2-8-2 in the 4000 series, and am not disappointed. In fact, it's a step higher for BLI, and now their locomotives are coming with capacitors.

BTW, the very first thing I do to a BLI steamer when I first put my hands on it is to invert it and to slide the switch under the cab to 'off'. That turns off the smoke generator. Problem solved. Second thing I do is to put the engine in programming mode and turn the Master Volume down to the 50% level. Only then do I install the address based on the cab number.

Don't let smoke be a problem for BLI steam. Takes three seconds to turn the engine over, slide the switch over to the other position, and then start to have fun. Works for me.

Back