Just joined.

nigelwright7557

Hi my name is Nigel and I run my own business selling PCB design software and model railway controls.
I have designed DCC controller, shuttle controller DCC and DC.
I also make DCC reversers.
Been a fan of railways since my trip in 1972 on the Keswick line just before closure.

Welcome to our forum Nigel. I assume that you are from the UK at some point if you rode the Keswick Line. Do you have a layout or are you just into the electronics side of things?

Welcome to our forum Nigel. I assume that you are from the UK at some point if you rode the Keswick Line. Do you have a layout or are you just into the electronics side of things?
I am from Carlisle now, Penrith originally.
I used to have a layout "The Penrith and Blencow". I used a PIC micro to control 3 trains into 4 branches automatically.
I had an electronic destination board which could be programmed with data from a PC via USB port.
I had a station announcement system box which gave prerecorded audible announcements. I used an echo box to get realistic station sounds.
I cant remember which audio IC I used now.

I used to travel on steam trains in the early 60's to Carlisle to see my mothers family.

I went on last day on Keswick line twice, once in morning and again in the afternoon.
I managed to get on the video "Trains to Keswick". A gentlemen got on afternoon train with a cine camera.
Walked the full length of Keswick line track bed numerous times over the years but the old legs wont manage it now.

At least you don't have to pay shipping and wait times for your equipment, except perhaps buildings and other things available from the US. Welcome again! Have fun!
Stay well and safe!

Welcome Nigel, seems to be quite a few Brit's joining, this is a brilliant place to be, I also model UK steam (LNER), and have recently started HO US diesel, challenging to work how to do both at the same time, but I'm having fun trying. These guys have been a great help and have given me some great idea's.

Back