Just getting started in Lake City

will Parker

Hello,
Im William and im just getting restarted after being away for 30 plus years. I am i need of some real help. I can not come up with a yard plan that i feel is right ive tried 4 or 5 times , ive tried using some of the different software out there but still i dont feel happy with what i come up with and always feel it could be better. I have a 20 x 12 shed that i am using and i plan on having my layout run down both sides and across the back and a total of 3 levels 2 levels going all the way around and the 3rd more or less as a hidden storage yard. I would be most thankful for any and all help.

I feel your pain! I am quite new to the hobby and have been working on my track plan for two months! I think I am almost there ... almost. You did not mention preferred scale; mine is HO. I'll sit back and let more experienced hands chime in. Welcome, sir!

Steve

I am i need of some real help. I can not come up with a yard plan that i feel is right ive tried 4 or 5 times , ive tried using some of the different software out there but still i dont feel happy with what i come up with and always feel it could be better.
What sort of yard are you trying to design. Is this a storage yard where you will be parking trains/cars between usages, or are you talking about a fully operational classification yard where trains are built up and broken down where locomotives added and removed to the trains and serviced, cabooses, repair tracks, etc? Are you doing freight yard only or also looking for a coach yard for passenger cars?

Back