Just a dream...

Allaman

Hello there,
At the moment I don't have enough space or enough money. So it's just a dream. Maybe one day the dream will come true. I watched this video several times and it gave me an idea.

50020.jpg

That would be a great looking layout to build and modify. There's a lot that could be done in that space.

All I can say on the dreams part is, keep working away at them. I was an apartment dweller for many years, do N scale small layouts were all I could fit. I never thought I would have a full basement at my disposal. Eventually I met my wife, and we purchased a house that had my basement.

Keep dreaming and planning! Because you never know!

I believe dreams are the foundation of our hobby.

I couldn't count all the nights I have fallen asleep thinking about my trains and all the possibilities.

For the last six years I have not had a layout. Future dreams are all I have had, and they have kept me happy. :D

Our dreams always come first. Thanks for sharing yours.

Will not help with the cost, but to alleviate space concern you may want to work on a sectional railroad, say 4' to 8' long section (by 12"??). Then you can assemble the sections as you have space, or assemble them temporary if possible, to run trains. I always thought the Heart Of Georgia Model Railroad would lend itself to being a sectional assembly.

I hope you don't mind but I'll steal your idea for free. I have the right to do that because I'm French. No one else can do this ! :p :D
Please don't tell SWMBO or she's gonna kill me !
Are you serious, that is an American thing to do! Let me say, French Fries, Hotdogs, even apple pie. Now all-American foods!

When your wife kills you can I have your trains, dragons, and other cool stuff? 🤪 😁

Back