Juneco CPR Caboose build

I'll just be using jewels for the lanterns , I'm not one for wiring in things that small.
The pre-built model was missing it's lanterns so I'll have to find new ones for it.

I've picked up lanterns from Miniatures by Eric and on epackage by Precision Scale which came with jewels. CMT also sells lanterns, but I haven't gotten any of them yet. A friend has some and they are sweet.

Roy

Thanks for the info, Roy. I will be looking for those lanterns for this and another project.

I'm rapidly approaching the finish with the two cabooses, and this project seems to have spawned another.
I added all the grabs and windows to the pair today:
018.jpg

I used clear styrene for the windows in the main body and testors window-maker in the cupola. The window maker is still drying in the photo so that is why it's milky-white
019-1.jpg

The other project that this has created is a re-build of my CPR 'shorty' caboose. In Trail, British Columbia there is a large smelter that was accessed by a switchback. CP found it could fit 1 more ore car on the switchback by shortening the caboose by 10', creating a caboose that was just over 34' in length. I built this car about ten years ago but now that I see it beside the other two it could stand for some updating, like a new cupola and other details.

My Tichy caboose trucks came in the mail and I sprayed them with a flat black with a touch of grey:
006-1.jpg

I really like the detail on the Tichy trucks. I ordered 4 sets so I can change my Canadian national cabooses over as well.
After attaching the trucks and couplers I sprayed a bit of grimey black over the trucks and underframe followed by floquil dirt to pop out some details.
011.jpg

013.jpg

After that they arrived on the layout for duty:

014.jpg

015.jpg

Glen;

If you like the Tichy trucks, check out the trucks from Tahoe Model Works. They're pretty darn good as well. They don't have a website, and I can't find any picture on the web of them. They are well detailed, best rollers I seen since CV trucks, and offer some trucks that no one else offers, like Barber-Bettondorf caboose trucks, Dalman 2-level 50 ton freight trucks and Buckeye 50 ton Freight trucks. Their offerings are from the steam era. I've been buying these trucks for a couple of years now and their quality is very high.

I did find this listing. Its all their products, but no pictures.:(

http://www.procustomhobbies.com/catpages/TMW.shtml

Back