Juneco Caboose

CNR Glen

I just picked up a Juneco caboose kit that someone else started. I was wondering if anyone here has built any like it.
2008_03050012.png

I understand that Juneco made both Canadian National and Candian Pacific caboose kits. Can anyone tell me which one this is so I can get proper decals. I could also use some instructions since the cupula isn't finished and there are details that have to be added yet.

It looks like a CN version, the CP one has a single window in the cupola. Made a few of these many years ago, they were great then but are fairlu crude these days, especially the cupola castings. I didn't keep the instructions, it was probably 20 or so years since I made mine. The steps are a bugger to complete, assuming your kit has all the instructions.

Good Luck!

I have one of the CP cabooses that I started to build.

Juneco gave you dry-transfers...I'm sure water slides are available...

Strangely, I abandoned the project last year when I got an e-mail from TLT...

Phil

The Kit was started but never completed so the decals went the way of the instructions. Fortunetly I found a modeller who has a set that he's sending me. The past weekend I found the dry transfers at a swap meet.
I like working on craftsman kits, maybe it's the time that I can put into a project instead of slapping it together quickly and throwing it on the layout. I've built a number of other Juneco kits, a gondola and a 36' boxcar. The Boxcar I built while I was backpacking through Western Europe one summer. That was an adventure! I also have a CNR express reefer thats almost finished.
I'll probably keep my eyes open for the CP kit as well.

As luck would have it I went to an estate sale of a fellow modeller who passed away recently last night and what was in one of the boxes:
2008_03200020.png

The two steps up front are broken but in the box. It should be repaired over the weekend. Not bad for 5 bucks right?
I still plan to build the other caboose, using this one as an example and the instructions provided by a fellow modeller.

Back