June 04, Weekend's Here, What are You Working On??

CBCNSfan

Registered Member
Staff member
Gee almost missed this one, :D I'm getting tired of doing scenery so I believe I start a loco kitbash ( a simpler one this time) for a change of pace. The CB&CNS GP9 #5967 from an old Athearn GP7. The project is started but will take me much more than a week to do it. Still have to cut up some aspen trees that were damaged during the winter storms, clean the pond and get the fish back outside.
Cheers Willis

I'm working on the dreaded semi-annual housekeeping TO-DO list! Our midwestern kids will be here in ten days to spend a week with us, so it's time to clear the decks and spruce up the joint.

I still run out of energy pretty quickly, so I'll start the Outhouse project during break times. I bought some X-acto tools and a tiny wood plane today, so I'm itching to get started on my first scratchbuilt project. Now, let's see. Where did I put the plans?? :D

Our midwestern kids will be here in ten days to spend a week with us, so it's time to clear the decks and spruce up the joint.
Hey! let them come and they can help do it and you and TH can supervise :D I've been waiting for my brother to visit for 3 years now. Every so often he phones and asks if I have something for him to do while he's here, I tell him yes! do you think that's why it's taking him a long time to come for a visit? :D
I'll start the Outhouse project during break times. I bought some X-acto tools and a tiny wood plane today,
Way to go Claudia, hope you'll keep us posted as you complete each stage.
Cheers Willis
PS: cleaned the pond, had to quit cuting wood after my little finger tangeled with the chain saw, nothing serious, hurt for quite awhile after the numbness came out of it. Turned on my Fender Studio amplifier and Kawi keyboard, they sounded pretty sick when I finaly got some sound out of the amp. I left them running all afternoon and it sounds pretty good now. I guess the electronics deteriorated somewhat sitting unused for over a year. LOL I forgot how set it up and how to play it, It all started coming back about 20 min plunking on the keys. Tonight I'll do some more on the GP9 What a Day :eek:
CDheers Willis

Last edited by a moderator:
After I get 100 tomatoes and 144 peppers out of the greenhouse and into the garden, I've got a machine shop to paint, weather, and install on the layout -- after I put the closet in the layout room back together. Had to take everything out and the shelving down to get access to the attic hatch. The master bath ceiling fan had to be replaced, and the only way to do it was from the attic. Thankfully, the weather last weekend was cool -- it was 87 today!

"Thankfully, the weather last weekend was cool -- it was 87 today!"
I was in the attic a little today doing some more wiring for the new Whirpool bath also laid the Congoleum in the bath. Sure is nice to finally see progress. The temp here in Central Indiana was close to 85. You are right it was cooler last weekend but then I was rolling around in fiberglass insulation of which I still itch LOL. Now to sit here and peruse the forums drinking iced tea for the rest of the evening.

Well here's a few shots of the next victim, future GP9 #5967. The first is the victim GP7 Athearn body. The next shows the stripped recipient and donor of a fan. The winterization hatch was removed as this loco started out as C&O 6967 then was sold to Mid Michigan MMR 5967 and in 1998 arrived on the CB&CNS in a dark green with yellow trim. It also did not have all the junk on the short hood. The goofy horns had to come off also a long way to go yet but it's a start.
Cheers Willis

I had plans to start building the frame for my layout. As usual the junk I had to move first, took a lot longer than expected, and no frame building was completed this weekend.

Great forum as well, congrats to everyone who posts here.

Regards,
Jason
http://www.freewebs.com/jpguest

Welcome to the forum, Jason. Thanks for the compliment. :) Yes, we have a very talented and friendly group here, and we're glad you've joined us.

I know exactly what you mean by "move the junk first." I'm finally learning to make time for that step when I plan a project. :D

Back