January 2008 Photo Contest

grande man

Bonafied Grande Nut
January 2008 Photo Contest

This month's topic is "Your Best Layout Photo of 2007." This month's theme was inspired by this thread, http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7571 Thanks for the idea Josh! :)

Let's have two simple rules, the photo must have been actually taken by you and it must be of your own modeling. That's all...

Only one entry per member please.

Here's how to enter.

Go to the January 2008 Model Railroad Contest Section of the Photo Gallery at the link below. Make sure you are logged into the gallery.

http://www.modelrailroadphotos.com/photos/showgallery.php?cat=581

Click on the "Upload Photos" link
Fill in ALL the fields and submit your entry

It's just that simple!

Thanks for entering the Contests, and good luck to All.

Say Josh,
It's a bit late on my part but congrats on winning the photo contest for Jan!!

Say Grande Man,
What the theme for the Feb contest??

Couldn't find/see it either!
??
Jos

Ps I did post one picture...( waiting for the next boat...)

I have seen no place to vote for the January entry. Grandeman, did I miss something? How does Josh know he won?

No voting that I have seen either...... I think Grandeman forgot about this month's. Maybe it'll just continue and we vote next month????? Its been getting later and later every month for a while. Josh must have won. Trussrod said so.........:rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;) :D

In order to vote, you must be logged in. Logging into the forums does not log you into the gallery. Once logged in, it will pull up a place to vote when you click on each picture.

You are incorrect. The normal place to vote is http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=46. You will see that there are voting for threads for all the months up to Decemebr but none for January. You can rate pictures in the monthly post but you can't vote for the best one. Since I happened to win in December, I'm pretty sure I'd know if there was someplace else to vote. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
You are 100% right Jim, and if this method has been changed for the new 2008, no one informed us about it, but as far as I know/remember, there is a specific room for monthly hoto voting, and as you again said, January 2008 is not there. So I don't know on what basis the competition was WON!!!! not that I don't want Josh to win, but things have to be done the right way and as always been done.

Well Guys,
You all should have realized I was mistaken from the begining, I certainly didn't mean to set myself up as a photo judge, there are many really nice shots posted! I mearly misinterpretid Josh's post thinking he was saying thanks for winning without even really having looked at the photo posts and as you all have said, when I did view them didn't see any voting either. So I'm not sure what happened either?
Old Ray sure knows how to poke fun though doesn't he!

Hope everything is OK with Grande Man?

You are incorrect. The normal place to vote is http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=46. You will see that there are voting for threads for all the months up to Decemebr but none for January. You can rate pictures in the monthly post but you can't vote for the best one. Since I happened to win in December, I'm pretty sure I'd know if there was someplace else to vote. :)

I stand corrected. Thank you for the clarification Jim. :)

I remember winning some contest, but it wasn't Jan, it was way back in Oct. Don't remember seeing a vote for Jan. I was simply saying thanks, because Jan was a contest I could enter.

Considering Grandeman is always too busy railfanning (not that thats a bad thing), I think we might need to enlist a different moderator to take care of it.

I mearly misinterpretid Josh's post thinking he was saying thanks for winning without even really having looked at the photo posts and as you all have said, when I did view them didn't see any voting either. So I'm not sure what happened either?
Old Ray sure knows how to poke fun though doesn't he!

Hope everything is OK with Grande Man?

I figured that was what happened and I'm glad you took my humor in the way it was meant.... I have to be careful sometimes, my sense of humor has gotten me in a whole lot of trouble many times (mostly back when I was teaching....). One of my favorite was when in a faculty meeting, our principle was trying to get faculty volunteers for the "Stakeholders committee". I answered in very loud stage whisper, "Can I have a root canal instead?" The other staff took about a half hour to stop laughing. As soon as they got back settled down, one of them would say "root canal" and it would start all over again. I apologized to the principle the next day....

I am surprised that Grandeman hasn't put January up for a vote though. I too hope he is alright as I haven't seen anything posted by him in several days.

Back