iThrottle, suggestion for opensource iPhone app

Paplero79

Hello peoples, what i'm looking for my app is somenthing different and more easy then others

iThrottle is a multiloco controller for iPhone, at the moment based on the SRCP protocol with the dream to become multiprotocol in a near future with a future release
It' s in review from apple team but i would like if peoples can suggest me some more options to add in a next release. As you know apple take long time to review so i want to be ready to push it as soon as possible.

I' like a lot the idea of opensource so it's, on my site you can find the link to github where all the code will be committed.
The compiled versione from iTunes store will be 2.99$

Here is the link to the wiki :
iThrottle WIKI Home

PS: sorry for my english...

@Admin : i hope this is the right section where to post else if you think it's not good to post here feel free to remove or move the post.

Thanks,
Andrea Terzani

Andrea;

Don't worry about you're English, as its more than adequate to get your point across. Sorry but I don't do anything fancy with my cell phone, but I just wanted to welcome you to the forums!

There are several folks on here that are into things like the throttle on the phone, so I'm confident that someone will answer your questions!

Again, Welcome!

Sounds like a good project, but I think the market is rather limited. Most people want physical tactile instruments to control their trains, I would think.

Also, you already have a price for your product but there is no product?

Unfortunately you are making an app for a proprietary brand of phones...
Android have more than 75% of the market now, and as they are cheaper, there is a bigger chance of getting customers.
I'm currently using the JMRI engine driver throttle for Android with a Sprog 2 as the interface between my ITX computer and the layout (no command station, as the Sprog works as that).
I control the ITX from my Android device thru a remote desktop, so I have a real compact setup!
You have to explain what advantages you have over the apps that's already on the market for both iPhone and Android!

I use both withrottle and engine driver along with jrmi and a pr3 to control my trains via a zephyr. I'm in the camp that would never buy a dedicated throttle.

From your website, I can't really tell what your app does or how it connects. Better descriptions, diagrams, and screen shots would help.

I am quite happy with withrottle and it was definitely worth the money to me. Not sure what you could add to improve on it, unless it's connecting in a different way people need that these two don't work with.

thanks for the replyes...

I know, android is better in term of diffusion but programming for iphone is a lot more funny to me. By me developing apps is an hobby like the model trains.

About the price, i know it because i set it :)

I also know there is some valid alternative to my app, but what i want to achieve is somenthing really easy, more easy then other, somenthing that your 2 years old sons can take on hand and play with trains.

I also know there is some valid alternative to my app, but what i want to achieve is somenthing really easy, more easy then other, somenthing that your 2 years old sons can take on hand and play with trains.
That is some feat....
The biggest obstacle is NOT the app, when it comes to simplicity.....
The actual hardware to connect your phone to the layout is the biggest obstacle for most aspiring users.
The new hardware from Lenz and Digitrax allows an apple-device to communicate directly to the command station.
Otherwise you have a lot of connections to make, wich can be difficult to understand.
Sure, the actual throttle on the phone may be simplified in many ways, but the hardware is what counts in the end.

Back