Is this SIMILAR ( and i do mean SIMILAR ) to a DCC power pack ?

That was from the late 1970's/early 1980's.
If you really want a decent DCC system, my LHS has a Digitrax DCS50 on their bargain basement shelf for less than $150. It's a complete system in a box, simply hook it up to your layout, plug it in, and start running DCC trains. It will also allow you to run one non-DCC train.

That was from the late 1970's/early 1980's.
If you really want a decent DCC system, my LHS has a Digitrax DCS50 on their bargain basement shelf for less than $150. It's a complete system in a box, simply hook it up to your layout, plug it in, and start running DCC trains. It will also allow you to run one non-DCC train.

Wow, thats pricey for used. A new starter set can be had for that price!

That was the last "Power Pack" I had before getting out of everything model RR related about 1980 or so. I was in N scale and had a large layout with several packs running it at several locations, with a big panel to switch power around. Lots of blocks and wiring back then, but it worked well.

Most of my early memories involving power packs were the circuit breaker failing to reset and taping the button down to run trains again. Later on, once I knew what I was doing, I replaced the breaker. I had a big collection of old packs in my closet.

Back