Is this Nscale or HO building?

kameelperdza

Hi there people i have bought the farm house (on the left) on the internet. The person who sold it said that it is HO scale. But the building does not fit in with the other buildings. Please give your feedback.

DSCN0988_zps749ba7a7.jpg

DSCN0989_zps2a2100ac.jpg

DSCN0987_zpsf3481039.jpg

DSCN0990_zpsf3d1d99a.jpg

Compare the size of the doors on the building to those on the others - they are about half the size, so yes it appears to be an N scale model.

I'd say it's halfway between as well.
As Bob says measure the doors and do the people as well.
It may fit in the background nicely.

Many of the older HO European houses (and it certainly looks European) scale on the small side. More like 1/100th. I'm thinking it was marketed as HO. Use it toward the back of your layout, up on a hill for some forced percpective. Nice house.

I was also going to say use it as a forced perspective. I have several N scale buildings back in a canyon on my HO layout. They look good and give a feeling of more depth to the lauout.

Years ago, there was a scale called TT. It was 1:120-don't know if it was designed for that or not. I agree that it might be a good canidate to create 'forced perspective,' and that its probably a European prototype.

I have a vintage HO scale Shell gas station from Faller (also marketed under the Atlas brand). The garage bay is sized to fit a 1/87 scale European auto, like a Mercedes Benz by Wiking, perfectly. The doors into the office and restrooms appear to scale out to about 4' high compared to an HO scale figure.

Jim,

I had that same Shell station, and gave it to my brother due to the size of the doors, compared to the Plasticville population of my town, + the fact they drove mostly Matchbox cars and alike. I had a number of buildings from Faller as a youngster, as I think my parents got them for me at EJ Korvettes. The put them together for me using Dupont Cement, on the kitchen table. I still have a good number of the-mostly smaller houses/cottages, although one of them was a '60's style ranch tract home. I used them as an 'exclusive resort town,' called 'Red Cliff,' (as in Colorado) due to somewhat similar architecture of the buildings there and in downtown Miniturn.

Back