Is an Atlas "Selector" not used for undertable switch machine?

Not really sure if the atlas selector is used for undertable switch machine or not. Im new to the hobby so may be a dumb question =) I seen it today and I seen it had 4 buttons on it, so I assumed that was what it was for, or is there another product that is used to do that? (switch turnouts left/right)

I don't know what that is...I use pushbuttons from radio shack, you want the normally OPEN type. They're small, they fit into a 1/4 inch hole in my fascia board in pairs of different colors..one for main line, one for the other route.

Before you get too far into this..how many turnouts are you planning on using?

If it's just a few, I would spring for tortoise machines, easier to add lights to and only one control switch required, easier to install etc etc.

Dick

No you cant use the selector as its switches are not momentary but always closed so you will fry the switch machines. You can use it with stall type switch machines like tortoise. You need either 2 pushbuttons per switch machine or Atlas #56 Switch Control Box.

56.GIF

whatever functionality it might or might not have, this is one ugly looking piece of equipment. and as such unusable IMO. if you don't want to put effort into making proper CDU at the least you can just build a panel with push-buttons.

Back