Introducing the Maytown & Scatter Creek Railroad

RRShutterbug

The Railroad Shutterbug
It's been awhile since I had a layout and I have switched from HO to N Scale and love it. Here is my new layout.... still under construction.

The first three shots are of the Maytown area of the layout. The largest customer, Roseburg Paper Corp., is there. The mill receives paper pulp, chemicals, and kaolin, and produces and ships out magazine glossy paper.

Most of the layout is still in the mock-up structure stage... I own only one structure so far - a Walthers Sunrise Feed mill (photo 4).

I'll post more photos as I get more done.

Cheers,
Brian

Excellent start. Laying out the track and setting up some mock-ups of your structures is a good way to make sure everything fits.

It's been awhile since I had a layout and I have switched from HO to N Scale and love it. Here is my new layout.... still under construction.

The first three shots are of the Maytown area of the layout. The largest customer, Roseburg Paper Corp., is there. The mill receives paper pulp, chemicals, and kaolin, and produces and ships out magazine glossy paper.

Most of the layout is still in the mock-up structure stage... I own only one structure so far - a Walthers Sunrise Feed mill (photo 4).

I'll post more photos as I get more done.

Cheers,
Brian

Be sure to update the forum on your progress. I am very interested to know how you find the building different between the two scales. My sons and I have a sizable HO scale table, but I like to do landscaping and the N-scale seems like you could pack more features with less space. Of course, it is only in the thinking stage at this point...

You're off to a good start, and as Jim pointed out making mock ups is a great way to go!
A paper mill is a great choice of industry too as they receive the biggest variety of rolling stock. The Walthers Superior Paper kit is still available in N scale and makes a big complex, I have the HO version and split both the buildings in two to make four.

Back