I wish I would have sold my train stuff on here instead of ebay.

ChinaHaun19

I have sold some train stuff on ebay because I need to trim down to just G gauge for our big move.

I have sold train stuff on ebay in the past and never had an issue. But this time my mom and I decided to sell under my mom's general seller account because I turned my account into a business account to sell hand made beaded jewelry and did not want the proceeds of my yard sale train dealio to get lumped in with my taxes etc etc.

Big mistake. Something is wrong with ebay in regards to my mom's account. It is charging the buyer only HALF... or LESS of what the shipping actually costs. The buyer invariably chooses USPS Priority mail. We put the dimensions and weight correctly every time! and it will charge the buyer $10 for an item that costs $25 to ship!!!

If I had just sold to you guys on here, I never would have had to deal with this nightmare. I Will still get most of my money in the end I think, but it is a headache that could complicate my mom's selling history because it interferes with customer satisfaction. One customer is allowing me to ship via UPS instead of USPS because that only costs what the seller paid.

I hope my rant was not too off topic........ It is all about my train stuff.... But it is something to watch out for if you sell train stuff on ebay, you better test run one item before listing a bunch because if something is wrong, you want to run away before it charges you again and again and again way way more than the seller ever paid for shipping.

I have sold some train stuff on ebay because I need to trim down to just G gauge for our big move.

I have sold train stuff on ebay in the past and never had an issue. But this time my mom and I decided to sell under my mom's general seller account because I turned my account into a business account to sell hand made beaded jewelry and did not want the proceeds of my yard sale train dealio to get lumped in with my taxes etc etc.

Big mistake. Something is wrong with ebay in regards to my mom's account. It is charging the buyer only HALF... or LESS of what the shipping actually costs. The buyer invariably chooses USPS Priority mail. We put the dimensions and weight correctly every time! and it will charge the buyer $10 for an item that costs $25 to ship!!!

If I had just sold to you guys on here, I never would have had to deal with this nightmare. I Will still get most of my money in the end I think, but it is a headache that could complicate my mom's selling history because it interferes with customer satisfaction. One customer is allowing me to ship via UPS instead of USPS because that only costs what the seller paid.

I hope my rant was not too off topic........ It is all about my train stuff.... But it is something to watch out for if you sell train stuff on ebay, you better test run one item before listing a bunch because if something is wrong, you want to run away before it charges you again and again and again way way more than the seller ever paid for shipping.
Have to admit, I've bought and sold stuff on eBay with no problem, you could have removed the postage option and state postage is by UPS only.

Last edited:
eBay... Used to be "the place" to buy and sell. To me, it is not worth my time to sell low ticket items anymore. There are other venues much easier; I still am researching those too. I still use eBay to buy stuff, or at least price check stuff. Sometimes there are deals, sometimes not. FWIW been a eBay'r since 95ish, PayPal since it was x.com.

Back