I need local help

Guys, I need help. Who lives in the North Ft. Worth area i.e. DFW that is willing to help me out? I have given up drying to get my layout to DCC from DC and I have exhausted everything that was suggested on this forum. Still nothing....

It would be good if this person knew Kato Unitrack and was familiar with N scale in general.

PM me if you are interested or pity me

Contact your LHS for a reference of someone or a club that could help you out.
For a quick review, what are the issues you're having?

Please refer to my earlier post titled: "Trying to convert DC to DCC" in this forum. Today I replaced all of the Kato signals with straight pcs. of track in the same length. The modifications I made today were all based on modifications from CJCrescent on this forum. I also removed all insulated rail joiners that would have created "blocks" for the three cabs I was using in DC. I then dropped 6 additional power leads for a total of about 20-21 using the Kato three way extensions. Hooked up my Power Cab and it comes on initializes and then goes of and initializes and the goes off...get the idea? All of my power leads were Kato terminal rail joiners and they may not all be in perfect spots but there should have been enough power to make my sole DCC equipped engine do something.

When the PowerCab keeps re-initializing like that, it generally means you have a short, not a lack of power.

Good news! Last night in a fit of anger I disconnected all of it and wired it all up again. It works!! not sure why but I'm not questioning the Model RailRoad gods.

Good news! Last night in a fit of anger I disconnected all of it and wired it all up again. It works!! not sure why but I'm not questioning the Model RailRoad gods.

They had deemed that you do it twice. Just be lucky you didn't have to sacrifice a chicken as well! :D

Back