I need casting methods

blownoutcylinder

OK--I've gotten to the point where I find that I'm looking for certain things and can't find them. So, what do I want to do? Cast my own parts. I'm thinking of resin casting in particular. If anyone has done/is doing any casting or considering such I'd like to hear about how you did such--Any method(s) will work for this one at this point

OK--I've gotten to the point where I find that I'm looking for certain things and can't find them. So, what do I want to do? Cast my own parts. I'm thinking of resin casting in particular. If anyone has done/is doing any casting or considering such I'd like to hear about how you did such--Any method(s) will work for this one at this point

I can't tell you exactly what months the article was in, but in the late 90's our ex-club pres, and current SER Pres had a two part article in Model RailroadING Magazine on resin casting.

I would suggest that you go to Trains.com and go to their all time index and type in a search on "casting" or the author Robert (or Bob) Beaty.

resin casting is gets quite pricey, unless you plan on doing alot of stuff. The stuff is cheaper if ya buy it in bulk. But still expensive.

Back