A couple weeks ago my air compressor I used for air brushing started acting erratic. Of course it was already several years beyond the 2 year warranty so I tore it apart looking for the trouble. Turns out one of the brushes on the electric motor wore down to almost nothing (other one was only half worn). I ordered a couple sets of new brushes, but delivery time was quoted as 6-8 weeks!!! I have a number of projects lined up that will require painting to one degree or another, and it was going to be a long wait. On top of that it's been a constant rain storm since the start of March so there isn't much use in going outside. So I bought a couple of generic brushes from a local machine shop a few days ago, and just sanded them down to fit. Despite a lot of sanding on all sides and some other issues trying to make the brush work, it does work. While I was in there I also did some other work and cleaning, including polishing the piston bore, and now it's running stronger than before. Now it's time to let the paint fly!!!