I give up!

It might work - you can but try. It all depend on how the Walthers unit is designed.

When I lack documentation I resort to experimenting to see what happens.

I'm currently trying to determine how the Walthers DCC turntable works - the documentation has some serious errors - and I find it VERY frustrating.

So I understand some of what you are going through right now.

Walthers sells some nice stuff but they sure skimp on documentation.

I hear you there! I can't believe they don't give you ANY guidance on how to install this stuff. I realize that some things will be different from layout to layout, but at least the basics would be reasonable.

I am going to try this...

Drop a green feeder from one of the frogs to its Cobalt switch
Drop a red and black feeder from the rails on that side of the cross over to the Cobalt switch

Test to make sure it works and if it does repeat the process three more times to each individual switch. That may be overkill, but all it costs is a little time and wire.

Once again, thanks for your help and support!

Jeff

Regards using the Cobalts:

Look at these pictures - the double crossover:

http://www.dccconcepts.com/index_files/DCClayoutwiringdrawings.htm

Please notice:

For the path upper-left-to-lower-right, the left orange frog needs to be "blue" and the right orange frog needs to be "green"

For the path lower-left-to-upper-right, the left orange frog needs to be "green" and the right orange frog needs to be "blue".

See the conflict?

This issue means you can only select one crossover "path" at a time - if you want to use powered frogs.

You should be able to work out the required "blue" or "green" for the red frogs - they are just like a regular turnout - no conflicts.

Just notice that the upper two need to be "blue" when straight and "green" when diverted and the lower two need to be "green" when straight and "blue" when diverted.

I think that diagram makes it clear what needs to be what and when.

But it all assumes the Walthers unit it made this way. You can use a meter that can measure continuity or resistance to see if all the rails of a section of the Walthers unit that correspond to the colored sections in the diagram are connected.

In other words on the Walthers unit:
- Are all the bits of rail that make up the each orange frog connected
- Are all the bits of rail that make up the each red frog connected

That is just soooo cool. Thanks for finding that link and posting it for me. Generally, I'm not one to throw money at problems, but in this case, the double crossover is really one of the most interesting parts of my layout and I would like it to work perfectly, so I jumped on this.

I'll post back after I get it and get it installed to let you/everyone know how well it works.

Jeff

Back