I Could Really Use Some Help Guy's

BNSF4723

Hello say I have a BIG PROBLEM. On my Turntable I made in the 2nd Photo underneath the Layout where you see the two Wires.The Blue/Yellow ones,Ok when ever I rotate or turn my Turntable.Those Wires want too twist and they get tieded up and then they want too.Break off of the piece of Track they are soldered too,Ya seeall I did was Wire one Wire on both Rails of that piece of Track.So there would be two Wires is there any other way I can do this like somehow.Just solder a small piece of then metal too the Track then somehow make a Connection too the Track and piece of metal.Hope ya can help me out here.I just feel so upset now.:(

Normally, the power to the track on a turntable bridge is routed from the pit rail and either a wire attached to an arch above the bridge or attached to the center drive. Alternately, the pit rail can be split into sections and power can be picked up from opposite ends of the bridge.

It would help to know what type of turntable you have and who the manufacturer is.

David

Here's a little diagram to explain, (Hopefully):D
There are a few ways of doing it and this is one of them
13.gif
Willis

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember an article of someone using a phone jack plug on the shaft of the turntable, I'll see if I can locate it for you.

The book you refer to is Kalmbach's "The MR Guide to Locomotive Servicing Terminals" and is where I got the idea to swing my TT.

ait.jpg

ais.jpg

aiu.jpg

Hope this helps

Fergie

Are you using the "tip and rings" of the 1/4" plug for power transfer to the rails of the turntable bridge? That would allow the table to rotate but still provide pickup of power for the rails.
Just a thought.

Will

The pin goes into the jack which has been mounted in the base. The pin, though three pole, only has two contacts hooked up to the track and shack. I put an LED to brighten the shack up.

Back