Hydrocal Kits

goscrewyourselves

I'm the one
Hi all,

Was wondering if you guys could provide some "good" Hydrocal Building makers please. Looking mainly for a station, general business' and so forth.

Cheers,

Two words, "Downtown Deco"! While I don't think Randy has any stations, he offers plenty of general business' that fit well with any era from the 1900's to today. I have seven of his kits and while there is a learning curve, they are easy to assemble and look great after painting. Just follow the instructions. If you break a piece and can't fix it, he'll send you another one for free. I also believe that Randy is a member of this forum.
http://www.downtowndeco.com/site/
willie

Thanks santafewillie,

Hopefully Randy is a member here and sees this post. From the black and white pictures, they look great. It's a pity none of the pictures of the individual items seem to be working at the moment. Hopefully Randy can get them up so you can see the kits.

Cheers,

wombat - if you click on the kit you want to see there is a small square where the picture should be. If you click that the full size image will show up. It looks like his thumbnail pics aren't in the right location in his website directories or something. But the full size photos are there and do show up for me in the N scale section anyway.

NScaler,

I think you maybe right, as some pictures do open but the Blair Blvd series doesn't, and that is one that I am interested.

Cheers,

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a little tip for anyone searching for things such as this. I went to Downtown Deco's website and looked at what you were referring to. I copied the name and model number and typed it in Google, then clicked the images link under the search field to view images based on those search terms. When you do this you can find an image representing what you are looking for. Then you can hover over it to see the address where the image is hosted. Go to that website and you may just find what you are looking for, which I did.

Hope this helps.

I'm not involved with Downtown Deco at all but Randy has an incredible warranty on his kits that has been confirmed on multiple forums. If a part is broken he will replace it. It doesn't matter if it broke in shipping, if the dog ate it, or even if you dropped it he will replace it. And replacing it does not take him 2 months either.

Back