HP and Sackville Railroad

Gary: Hang in there as I know what HoneyDu lists do to ya. All of my railroad has been put on the shelve until those get done; probably late summer. Then along with my DudeDu list of upstairs ReDo, outside clean up and touch up. The lists go on!

Later

Gary: Hang in there as I know what HoneyDu lists do to ya. All of my railroad has been put on the shelve until those get done; probably late summer. Then along with my DudeDu list of upstairs ReDo, outside clean up and touch up. The lists go on!

Later
yes, my honey do list is mainly outside work this time of year of course, working on the outside deck, finishing the greenhouse, then staining the deck....must do stuff, mowing lawn etc.....

CSS Hammonds Plains at Shubie Park today

IMG_5155.jpeg

IMG_5150.jpeg

Looking for any suggestions on how some of this spaghetti could be smoothed out? Your bricks, bats and bouquets are welcome.......playing today and slowly getting there, just don't have a better idea for that elevated track going along the top.....trying to get to a granite gorge type layout with yards where you see them. Fire away please.

Screenshot 2023-10-06 110815.png

Looking for any suggestions on how some of this spaghetti could be smoothed out? Your bricks, bats and bouquets are welcome.......playing today and slowly getting there, just don't have a better idea for that elevated track going along the top.....trying to get to a granite gorge type layout with yards where you see them. Fire away please.
I don't know that I would change too much here.

Looks like there is a lot of scenic opportunity to break up the lots of track look. You have packed a ton of railroad in that space, with a lot of running, and switching operations.

I don't know that I would change too much here.

Looks like there is a lot of scenic opportunity to break up the lots of track look. You have packed a ton of railroad in that space, with a lot of running, and switching operations.
Thanks for the kind Words on the boat, that was one of my main priorities for the year. It sails beautifully but I have to make my hole in the layout a little larger, I made a bigger rudder and it now butts against one of the ribs underneath. Need more switches now to carry on with getting track down.

The layout looks a little different than on the plan.
yes, had to relook at the plan today where I couldn’t get the extra track in around the top, I went to anyrail to see if I could get it to work and think I am pretty near there, maybe an additional runaround track or adjustment.
Have to admit, that looks awesome, and has everything you could need, scenery, switching, a dock and able to run trains, what more could you ask for.
Thanks Smudge, been learning so much watching your build!

Back