Howdy from the Buckeye State!

Hello fellas (and possibly ladies). My name is Ryan and I'm from the wonderful state of Ohio. My home is in Steubenville but I am rarely there. So, here is a little backround about me. I had a huge O 27 gauge layout when I was little, I could run 3 trains at one time. I had a steam engine, 2 santa fe engines, and a Leigh Valley switcher. My dad helped me set it up and it was great! Well, needless to say I grew older and girls and cars started to intrest me more... So then layout went down. Well now I'm 20 and want to get back into the hobby! I don't want to do 0-27 as that is way to big (dad chose that for me cause it was better for little guys!) but now that I am older I want to do a nice HO scale layout. I already started doing tons of reseach. I purchased 2 books, and I am waiting on the other at the library. Im going to try and model my hometown the best I can. I think the era I am going to do is 1998-2002 that way I can have a nice bit on conrail stuff mixed in. I don't know why but I just love conrail! So this way I can have conrail and norfolk southern mized together. So yeah,back to about me, lol! I am going to school at Penn State New Kensington for Biomedical Equipment Technician and I am a Veteran from the Air Force ( I was Honorably Medicaly seperated). I plan on building the layout back home (steubenville) in my dads house. That way we can work on it together. So yeah, you may have read some of my post in the HO section but itleast this way I can get a hello out to everyone! Bye the way, excuse my horrible English, thats my weakness.

Well I doubt we'll know why you love Conrail either, but I don't think we'll hold it against you lol.. Welcome to the forum!..

Hello fellow Ohioan! Welcome to the forum. Don't let people get you poke you about Conrail. They are just jealous they were a small Class 1 and made the most money. (Just kidding Scordicus) :D Long live Big Blue! Anyways I have learned allot from this site. You will enjoy it here.

Seann

Welcome Ryan! It's great to see another Buckeye on the forum, since your from Steubenville I don't know if you are much of a high school football fan but you might remember the Northwest - Steubenville playoff game about 5 or 6 years ago... Just sayin I graduated from NW and that was the worst game of my life. :D -Jeff

Nice! You might find this to be familiar then...

JeffersonCo-CCHSNo6.jpg

Somehow that thing is still passing OSP inspections! I'm pretty sure it's a 1986 model year and that picture is from January of this year. I'm a school bus enthusiast as well, so I couldn't pass up getting a photo when I saw that good ol' Carpenter :D

Yeah thats the only 2 busses central has. We broke down in them numerous times. Packing the whole team and band into 2 of them is fun...

Just out of interest, Bachmann made a roadrailer model of one of those school buses with UP markings, although I highly doubt it's prototypical lol.. I bought one a few years ago off of eBay just as a novelty, I don't know if their still available though...

Hello Ryan and welcome to the forum,
Apologies for taking so long to reply to you. You do sound like you have things well under control but should you need help feel free to ask.

David

Back