Howdy from Southern California...newbie here

UP/C&O

Well, I’m new to the hobby the last layout I had was a HO scale layout about 10 years ago. So much has changed; it is like starting a new.

My wife and I moved into a house with a garage. Well, she got the house and I got the garage. I think I made out like a bandit. :D

I am modeling a new layout in HO Scale the time period is from 1930’s through the early 1950’s. I have the bench work completed and the track laid down. The layout is shaped in a “U” it is 12’ X 10’. I used the Atlas RTS Software. It was originally wired for DC, but my local hobby store guy convinced me to go DCC.

I created a massive mountain, every time I walk into the garage I see it and I say to myself “Ah man how am I going to add scenery to this thing”, and then I go run a train or work on another section of the layout. I guess I am just kind of stuck a bit on the mountain. I have started small sections of scenery. I look at the layout and go where do I start or continue. There is so much to do. I go onto You Tube a lot to do research and learn new techniques. I am very glad I have found this forum, I have read a lot posts and everyone seems very respectful and kind and helpful. Any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Paul

Welcome Paul. This is a great place, ask all the questions you want, there are plenty of experts here willing to help.

We love photos. So please post some of your layout and plan. I'm curious to see how your mountain looks.

Thank you Michael for welcome. I have included a couple of pictures of the layout and the mountain, they were taken with a cell phone so the quality is not the best. I also have to say after watching some You Tube videos my mountain is more like a mull hill compared to some of those I saw in the videos.

Back