How to Cut Homasote without the Mess!

mondo1948

Hey Guys and Gals,
Having been a teacher in the past, I love sharing info with other folks and in this case, those in model railroading. I've heard many times and have experienced the problem first hand that cutting Homasote with a circular saw creates a mess and can ruin the circular saw blade. I've recently bought the following jigsaw blade....it fits my jigsaw perfectly and cuts through Homasote like a knife through butter, with absolutely no dust or mess. It cuts through Homasote just like it cuts through foam....again without any mess.

So, if you're going to use Homasote like I did on top of my plywood, get some of these blades. I paid $20.00 for the 3-pack.

Festool 493656 S 155/W Foam-cutting Jigsaw Blade, 6 Inch, 3-pack

Thanks mondo. Been thinking of going Homasote for a small layout ; no ply needed under due to measurements of..And, have heard many times how well it holds spikes...Time comes I will check out those blades. M

Thanks mondo. Been thinking of going Homasote for a small layout ; no ply needed under due to measurements of..And, have heard many times how well it holds spikes...Time comes I will check out those blades. M

I appreciate you thanking me for my idea.....like I said, I love sharing information. I was amazed at how my jigsaw cut through the Homasote, leaving a nice clean edge and absolutely no residue. Eighteen years ago when I built my last layout, we cut the Homasote outside because of the mess the circular saw blade made.

Happy Railroading,
Mondo

Back