How to build a two decks H0 layout ?

Colbert

aka Chris from France
Hello happy members !
Could you tell me how to build a two-deck H0 layout ? It's just a big dream. But one day...only God knows.
Thanks for your replies.

You can build one deck above or below another. Vertical spacing based on depth of shelf and how much space you want. Do you want to connect both decks and run a train from one to the other? If so, you need a long enough run to make a gentle grade to take the train from one level to the other. Some do this all in the open, say around the walls of a basement, some do it with a helix hidden in a corner or at the end of a peninsula. If you have sidings on this grade, make them level so cars don't roll away.

I just operated on a railroad that had two levels about 24" apart. The grade was so long and gentle you did not realize there was a grade.

I am currently attempting the feat using a helix…. For starters I am 6’ tall, so wanted the bottom level slightly taller than kitchen cabinet to prevent as much bending as possible, settled on 40”. I have only done one section of upper level just so I could get a feel for what I want. Was originally 18” gap from lower to upper level table top, thought it was too low and raised it 3”, so I will be doing upper level table top at 61” from floor, I can still look down on the upper level. These measurements are subjective, needs to be set for your height. I looked up Jack Burgess videos for how to support the upper level, like his way of doing it, excellent modeler.
Hope you can turn that dream into reality someday!!!

Back