How much do you spend on this a month?

As a recent returnee, I have at times, well all the time, been overwhelmed by the prices. I have been purchasing pre PC PRR pieces when the budget permits. What gets me is the manufacturers tactic of pre-ordering. I have some money tied up in the pre ordered MTH GG1 and the ConCor MP54 MUs, with no delivery in sight.

With the price of code 83 flex track sections hovering about $5 each and a starter DCC set in the $200 range, I long for the days of yesteryear when a 4x8 layout was all I needed.

Joe

I haven't spent anything out of pocket in the last 9 months. My recent purchases were made with funds from Ebay and HOI sales. Yesterday I went to one of the LHS's and "splurged" a total of $36, and it felt weird.

Received my shipment of code 83 track. 100 pieces of 36" flex and four #10 turn outs. They sure look good on the sweeping curves of the roadbed.

How much this month? $0

Last month? $0

The month before? Well, you get the idea.

Maybe I'd better do something on my layout before ya'll drum me out of the hobby.

There's many facets to this hobby that don't require you to spend money on a regular basis. :p :p

well this month i spent 23.00 or so i try to keep it under 20.0 if its money from the monthly budget, also depends on what i sell on ebay, in january i spent about 100.0 from ebay sales. i prefer to by rolling stock, engines etc, last month i picked up a few kits for under 20.0, including a Bowser D&H single bay covered hopper, this month i bought a new pair of track cutters after the one broke, and some labelle 107 oil.

Back