How do you remove...

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

phatpony

...the shell from an Atlas loco? Forgive my newbness, but I have tried everything short of a crow bar to remove the shell from an 8-40B. I have removed the couplers of course, and in the process of wiggling and tugging, managed to get the cab off ( not what I wanted ) and knocked the enginner from his seat ( not what he wanted ). I cannot, for the life of me, figure out what is holding this thing on. HELP!!!!!!

Glenn

SpaceMouse

Fun Lover
I just went through that with my Atlas GP-38.

It's all friction. There are tabs that fit into the chasis fron rear and center. You have to push in on the body for them to release--or at least that's what I found.

phatpony

Thanks spacemouse. Yep, I found 6 tabs, but I couldnt just squeeze them in. I found where they latched onto the chassis from underneath, and using a screwdriver, popped them just enough to relese the shell. Now to put on all the details in preperation for paint. Hope I dont get the shakes :)

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.