How do you add flared radiators to an SD70MAC?

Hello, i have 7 BNSF SD70MACS, and 2 UP SD70MACS, and i wanbt to add flared radiators to one of the UP SD70MACS, and 2 of the BNSF SD70MACS, how would i do that? is there like a kit or something that i have to buy or what?

any help appreciated

thanks
Austin

Yes, as posted in your other thread, there is a resin kit, I discussed it earlier in a thread of mine.
http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7030

Try contacting the company I linked, NorthEast Rail Works, and see if you can get the kit.

It'll require some major surgery though.

P.S. UP does not own a 70MAC, only 70M's. BNSF does not have MAC's with flares, as they stopped buying them before the EPA Tier I regulation went into effect. They DO however have an ACe but a MAC is NO way a good choice for a body shell fill in.

ok thanks for the link, but i already contacted them, and they said that its extremelty hard to find flared radiator kits now a days, but thanks anyways.

P.S. i meant AC's for the BNSF and 70M's for UP, they all just look the same pretty much so i just call them 70MACS, but i have a question how come BNSF no longer buys them and how come UP never purchased them?

thanks
Austin

ok thanks for the link, but i already contacted them, and they said that its extremelty hard to find flared radiator kits now a days, but thanks anyways.

P.S. i meant AC's for the BNSF and 70M's for UP, they all just look the same pretty much so i just call them 70MACS, but i have a question how come BNSF no longer buys them and how come UP never purchased them?

thanks
Austin

The SD70ACe was introduced before BNSF ordered more power from EMD. The SD70MAC tier I was no longer in production and enviromental regs had moved up to tier II, which the SD70MAC didn't meet, but the SD70ACe does.

AC and DC equipt engines serve different needs and there is a substantial price difference between the too. (at 1:1 scale atleast :D ) UP needed DC engines at the time, so they ordered a ton of SD70M's the order was so large that it spanned several years. The original SD70M was changed to the tier I version during the production run. UP is now buying AC traction diesels, SD70ACe's and ES44AC's.

Back