Hose Tower Build ...

goscrewyourselves

I'm the one
Given the option, which of these two patterned basswood would you use to do the Fire Hose Drying Tower build?

6gh1re5.jpg

I used the one on the left for the practice build.

Given the option, which of these two patterned basswood would you use to do the Fire Hose Drying Tower build?

6gh1re5.jpg

I used the one on the left for the practice build.
As your not building a brick tower, it would have been rendered on the outside, so the one you used for practice would be my choice.

Darn - I was going to go with the "Weather Board" looking one. After I posted this, I took another look at the Fire House and the cladding on it is much more pronounced, more similar to the basswood on the right.

Should have taken a closer at the Fire House to begin with :(

Darn - I was going to go with the "Weather Board" looking one. After I posted this, I took another look at the Fire House and the cladding on it is much more pronounced, more similar to the basswood on the right.

Should have taken a closer at the Fire House to begin with :(
Well if the weatherboard one looks more accurate, then use that one.

First casualty - snapped a corner off one of the walls while trying ever so carefully to cut out the door opening. Fortunately I have a great Surgical Team and they could put him back together - err I mean, I was able to reattach the broken bit successfully.

Tony: Thought that you were gonna get a laser cutter or CriCut? I guess that this process could be a little harder as you now need to know how to do CAD; if you don't already. It is so much easier to delete stuff from a screen than to patch skinny wood!

Later

I mentioned I wanted one, a laser cutter, but didn't mean to insinuate that I was getting one. I would have to learn CAD if or when I do as well, so it would be a bit of a learning curve.

I am comfortable working with wood, so doing it all by hand is not a big deal for me, think there is more satisfaction knowing that I did it as well and not some machine. :)

Well - it is coming together better than what I had anticipated. I thought I'd be ready to jump off of the nearest tallest building by now. But, it is time to give my eyes a rest - I don't want (or need) to get over confident with this cos if this don't work - guess what ... :)

Thanks and I still have those "Reserved Plots" I was telling you about 🤣

I will be glad when I get the cutting done though and once the door and windows are in - it looks better as well, all of which have been test fitted as I went ;)

Back