Hon3 historic model of the Morrison branch of the D.S.P.&.P RR

Thankyou Snowman šŸ™ life gets like this sometimes, and I understand being the go-to-guy. Iā€™m basically that for my family as well lol, thereā€™s always a side project to keep us busy thatā€™s for sure. Hope all is going well in your neck of the woods ā¤ļø

Kylemaneti95- I retired last Sept. and was thinking about railroad modeling in my retirement. For the last 32 years have been living in what was left of the American hotel (pg. 15, Chappell, Richardson & Hauck, "default (1).jpg) . I have attached a few of my collection of historic photos of Morrison, including the train station and the Kendrick Hotel, which I believe burned down. . I came upon this group and what you are doing with your modeling of Morrison. I have been the architect on a number of commercial and residential remodels in Morrison- including a reconstruction/remodeling of the John Ross Hardware Building 209 Bear Creek Ave (Cafe Prague) , the El Mercado 120 Bear Creek, and the Tabor Building 215 Bear Creek. i.e. I have scaled AutoCAD and pdfs of those three buildings for your use in your model. Let me know how I can help you.

Attachments

• 146139124_10158337964329232_2819838464182204552_o.jpg
    146139124_10158337964329232_2819838464182204552_o.jpg
    639.4 KB · Views: 26
  • 147264982_10158342234059232_762133227977437936_o.jpg
    147264982_10158342234059232_762133227977437936_o.jpg
    822.3 KB · Views: 26
  • default.jpg
    default.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 21
  • 526584_596829990365834_1032234018_n.jpg
    526584_596829990365834_1032234018_n.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 23
  • Morrison with train passengers.jpg
    Morrison with train passengers.jpg
    300.4 KB · Views: 21
  • default 2.jpg
    default 2.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 22
  • smParsons Monitor.jpg
    smParsons Monitor.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 24
  • default (1).jpg
    default (1).jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
I just PM'ed Kyle, and I hope he talks with you soon. Haven't heard from him for a while now--I think he had to push his project onto a back burner--but he said he was going to bring it back up front before too long.

Thank you so much for your replies guys. I have had to put the project on the backburner like snowman mentioned. My roommates and I are trying to move to a new place soon and right now I donā€™t have the space todo any real modeling. Yetā€¦ I still have my paper models and the cad models that I worked in months ago waiting to be worked on again.
Randy thank you so much for sharing those historic photos with me, I havenā€™t seen any of those yet and the one with the station will really help me a lot as Iā€™ve only seen it in the background of photographs. I would be interested in seeing what else you have for Morrison, itā€™s such a lovely small town thatā€™s changed a lot in the last 150 years.
Iā€™m going to be posting more regularly with another project I have been working on.
Back at the beginning of last October I started making cad models for a live steam locomotive designed by Doug Alkire in the 1960ā€™s, the model is of a Baltimore & Ohio P7 class, #5300 ā€œPresident Washington.ā€
I look forward to chatting with all of you guys again and I hope your all having a wonderful day

Randy, Iā€™ll have to find my notebook but I believe you are right about the fire. I saw a couple separate fires in historic news articles. As well as a couple really good floods that came around as well.

Kylemaneti95- I retired last Sept. and was thinking about railroad modeling in my retirement. For the last 32 years have been living in what was left of the American hotel (pg. 15, Chappell, Richardson & Hauck, "default (1).jpg) . I have attached a few of my collection of historic photos of Morrison, including the train station and the Kendrick Hotel, which I believe burned down. . I came upon this group and what you are doing with your modeling of Morrison. I have been the architect on a number of commercial and residential remodels in Morrison- including a reconstruction/remodeling of the John Ross Hardware Building 209 Bear Creek Ave (Cafe Prague) , the El Mercado 120 Bear Creek, and the Tabor Building 215 Bear Creek. i.e. I have scaled AutoCAD and pdfs of those three buildings for your use in your model. Let me know how I can help you.
Iā€™m really curious about the auto cad models and pdfs you have for those three buildings. I donā€™t use autocad but I do use a different program called onshape

Kylemaneti95- will "Onshape" read AutoCAD's ".dwg" files? Can I attach pdfs here at Railroad forum? Is there a size limi of pdf files?

Kylemaneti95- will "Onshape" read AutoCAD's ".dwg" files? Can I attach pdfs here at Railroad forum? Is there a size limi of pdf files?
I believe it does, I have been able to import a few drawings into my part studio for the B&O P7 locomotive. As to attaching pdfs, I think you might be able to, I have never done this before though. Maybe another member could chime in hopefully

Kylemaneti95- I have switched to an N scale model of Morrison in 1890, due to lack. of space. My layout is 3' x 8 attached, where I was able to scale the 1874 plat of Morrison to N scale and have it plotted and printed at my local repro store (Hope Repro). My house, the original railroad bunkhouse/American Hotel built in 1872, is at the far right end of the plot, on Spring St. . The train set I purchased for my model is the Bachman Durango Silverton. I priced buying parts and pieces to get a more authentic DRG & P train at N scale- boy, this hobby is expensive! Anyway, my model is more like a diaroama than a working model unless I use the turntable model i am building and change direction. The train would travel 5' in one direction turn around and come back. . I just tell visitors that this depicts the rare occasion when the Durango Silverton visited Morrison! This message would not accept a. upload of a .dwg AutoCAD file.

Attachments

• 36 x 96 N scale 2-26-24.pdf
    2.6 MB · Views: 22
  • TOWN PLAT - BOOK 1, PAGE 14.pdf
    163.9 KB · Views: 21
  • SMorrison looking west.pdf
    353.6 KB · Views: 20
  • from Hogback with Kathys house.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 19
Kylemaneti95- I have switched to an N scale model of Morrison in 1890, due to lack. of space. My layout is 3' x 8 attached, where I was able to scale the 1874 plat of Morrison to N scale and have it plotted and printed at my local repro store (Hope Repro). My house, the original railroad bunkhouse/American Hotel built in 1872, is at the far right end of the plot, on Spring St. . The train set I purchased for my model is the Bachman Durango Silverton. I priced buying parts and pieces to get a more authentic DRG & P train at N scale- boy, this hobby is expensive! Anyway, my model is more like a diaroama than a working model unless I use the turntable model i am building and change direction. The train would travel 5' in one direction turn around and come back. . I just tell visitors that this depicts the rare occasion when the Durango Silverton visited Morrison! This message would not accept a. upload of a .dwg AutoCAD file.
Thank you so much for the reply friend and thank you for posting those plot maps. Iā€™ve seen a couple before, but not these and of a lower more grainy quality lol. Iā€™d love to see how your layout looks, switching to n scale would definitely help minimize space for me as well. And I agree, our hobby can prove to be quite pricey at times

Back