Home again ....

Aerojet

Well when you have been running a railroad for as long as I have you do have some problems. Besides the usual wreck, which is inevitable for tons of reasons there is also the clod who steps on cars, kids who can't keep their hand off the things, and other fun ... so what do you do with the beat up, smashed cars, and smooshed mess? Well you could just toss it into the trash - or - keep it around on the BO track, until you find a use for it.

29562201203_9036d7118d_b.jpg

Here I am recycling a couple of those damaged cars. Makes for a nice siding queen in time - the wrecker / caboose / and the stuff they brought back from the line. Not sure if I am going to use all four cars, but we will see.

ONE other note -- in the background on the passing track behind the yard, you see my 4th auto rack. That one is the Tyco, and is identical to the one is painted back in the 80's. Only this one isn't some gad awful color - at least this one is orange ....

So that makes a small train set to haul in a row if you want to run an auto rack special ....

Later

Catch ya track side...

The Aerojet

I have a couple that I got burnt on with Ebay purchases. The condition of the cars isn't worth the repairs to them. So one will end up being used as a flat car load. The funny thing is the trucks,axles and couples off of the cars are actually pretty nice quality ones so they will get swapped onto some cheapy Thrall door cars I have that need rehabbed before running with others. I have some other train set quality cars that I use for background scenery or I give to my daughter to run on her train set to keep her hands off of my stock.

I think you did a beautiful job of reusing damaged pieces to create something wonderful. Honestly, these are what the trains my dad and I used to play with looked like. Well, they were obviously older models, but they were in the same condition. Thanks for the trip down memory lane!

Woodie

Back