HO scale Peterbilt 379ish Winch Tractor

RCH

Been Nothin' Since Frisco
Here's a webpage describing the construction of my HO scale Peterbilt model completed last month:

Peterbilt from Malibu's diecast tractor

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

Very awesome. I've seen that truck you refer too, for the chassis, but cannot seem to find a link. Care to link it for me? I've been meaning to get deeper into truck modeling...

Very nice, Ryan, especially for HO. I would have sworn that was a 1/25 model from that first picture you posted. Good work on keeping all the details in scale and straight! :)

Ryan,

I saw your posting on the 1/87 vehicle modelers list, and meant to congratulate you on a model well built, but unfortunately kept forgetting.

I'm going to have to get one of those Malibu trucks and see what I can do with it.

BTW, where did you get the art work for your license plates? I'd like to make some of my own, but for Washington State.

Keep up the good work!

Chris

Chris, like Mark says, use the ACME license plate maker. Be aware that if you use more than 7 characters, it widens the license plate to a non-standard width.

Josh, it was March 2006.

Thanks, guys.

Very nice! The 379 Pete was the tractor I used to operate before going to a Freightliner XL...

Sure miss my Pete...

Looks like all you need to add are the ICC numbers and O/O graphics.... (If your so inclined)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, I've always been a Peterbilt fan! I'd have used a Wiking 359 to start with if I could have found one, but the 379 will do. If you have any photos of your Pete 379 you'd like to share, I'd love to see them!

Yes, there's a little bit left to do, particularly with the winch area. But the lack of decals on the doors is getting to me a bit. I don't want to make it gaudy at all, but it needs help.

Back