HO Scale ALCO Hi-Adhesion trucks

Jeff, you are completely out of luck with those trucks. The High-Ad trucks were only built for a short period of time and used on a relatively small number of C-415's. You'll have to kitbash a pair of standard Alco trucks to get these.

to do a kitbash you'll need the GE Floating bolster/alco ZWT, zero weight transfer, style trucks as a starting point

The problem with the floating bolster/ZWT truck is that... it's the incorrect truck length. Too short :s

Thanks for the reply's! I had a feeling i was going to have to kit bash them. I remember seeing them on a brass model in a hobby shop years ago, but idk who made it. The nice thing is the engine i am wanting to put them under is a dummy so i don't have to worry about the gears and drive shaft.

As far as the length being a bit too short, that's not a huge deal to me. What brand of trucks would you suggest to start with? Thanks for the help so far!!!

i know atlas has the GE FB style for their u-boats and the -7s/-8s not sure of any one making aftermarket ones for Athearn locos

According to a post on this same subject over on TO, Tiger Valley Models makes Hi Ad Side frames, but there hard to find.

The information I have is that the GE FB/ZWT trucks and the Alco Hi-Ad trucks, both had the same wheelbase, 13' 7". Seems like the GE trucks would be a good starting point to me.

Tiger Valley did make those sideframes, as well as the C truck HiAd version. Alas I haven't talked to Guil Mack in 7 or 8 years and when I last visited him in 2000 he'd just turned 60 and was waffling on whether or not to continue TV models. He had turned his attention to scale live steam parts at that point. I've long misplaced his phone number and the ones on the web are dead ends. His address is your best bet with a letter, as with his huge layout and various rr items on his property, I doubt he would ever move.

TV Models
1070 County Road 23
Phelps, NY 14532

You can try the number.... (315)548-9021

Thanks for the info! I will send him a letter and see if i cant get a response.

Back