HO Pocher 2-4-0 "J.W. Bowker" Steam Locomotive

Breor47

Brakeman
I recently uncovered a 2-4-0 Steam Locomotive from my collection. It's the J.W. Bowker, made in the 1970s by Pocher. Interestingly enough, I've heard that it's a OO locomotive that runs on HO track. It's got very large wheel flanges that will prevent it from running smoothly over the turnouts on my code 83 track. However, I'd still like to get it fixed up. The only thing that needs to be fixed is a plastic detail for the top of the boiler.

WG-583.jpg

Here's a picture of the model I found online with the part mine is missing circled. Would anyone know what the part is called?

Given that this locomotive is old (and made by a company no longer in existence) the only place I suppose I could find this part would be eBay. Would just be nice to know what it's called and what it did on the real thing.

Thanks

IIRC, its the cold water pump for adding water to the boiler. Precision Scale Company would be the best bet for finding a replacement I believe.

Here's the link. You may have to order a catalog to see. They claim they have over 14000 brass parts.

http://www.precisionscaleco.com/

IIRC, its the cold water pump for adding water to the boiler.

Interesting!

Thanks for the link, I'll check it out when I have the chance. I figure that I might not have to replace it with another cold water pump; I could put something outlandish on the top of mine!

It's the J.W. Bowker, made in the 1970s by Pocher. Interestingly enough, I've heard that it's a OO locomotive that runs on HO track.
Do you know if it a straight up Pocher or the one done by Pocher for AHM? I see the US style couplers on it.

Back