HO ditch lights Athearn SD60

I have some Athearn RTR HO SD60's I would like to install ditch lights on. On the prototype they are mounted on the front deck. Does anyone manufacture a ditch light kit with the lights inside some type of housing that can be mounted on the deck of this loco? Haven't had much luck researching it online. Nate

Do you want functioning ditch lights, or decorative ones only? Athearn sells functioning ditch light kits for their Genesis locomotives, they should be readily adaptable to RTR.

Yes I would like functioning ditch lights. Athearn has ditch lights for the SD70, from the pictures I can't tell if they would work or not. It appears I would still need to find some type of housing for them. Nate

the athearn ditch lights should work, and they come pre assembled with the housing and bulb. you just have to make a hole on the porch for the light wires to go through, one in the porch and one in the front. the only question is if you are going to use the ones that the actual railroad uses. either way, you still have to drill holes. details west also makes ditch lights.

Back