HO Autorack Unloader

Walthers made a Distribution Facility kit (933-3076), but it's hard to find these days. There's a couple on ebay right now for >$60.. You may have better luck finding one at train shows...

You're welcome. Nice job on the benchwork & track plan there, btw. Should be fun to operate when completed! How tight are those curves?

The minimum radius is 24" - a little tight for the autoracks I know. I will have to be careful when running passenger cars and autoracks at the same time. I am thinking of changing the area on the layout that is now Spectra Energy to the autorack unloading area and moving Spectra to the north branchline by the creek.

That Walthers kit #933-3076 was in their 2000 catalog. It included two of the unloading ramps. Each ramp measured 9.5" long x 1 3/8" wide. The kit also included a corrugated metal office building measuring 2 15/16" x 4 1/16", a chain link fence, and a guard shack with gates. It looks like the guard shack was 1 1/4" square, but it appears to sit on a 3 11/16" long x 1 1/4" wide concrete island. Also included in the kit were two auto carrier trailers. Available separately was the matching "Auto Carrier Semi" truck (Ford LNT 9000 tractor) with trailer was #933-1200.
Good luck in your quest.
The kit was part of their "Driving Force" series of kits that included several structures relating to the manufacture and distribution of new American cars (some based on structures used by Ford Motor Company).

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the info Jim - I will check it out tonight when I get home and see if I can fit it in!

Back