Historic Rail 100% SUCKS!

Hi everyone.
WARNING! Don't ever shop for Model Trains at http://www.historicrail.com I have waited for over two weeks for my HO Scale Locomotive from them. I just called them this afternoon and they told that my order is still on back order. This is total Bull crap. I should have shopped some ware else. Stupid me. Later everyone.

If its still on backorder, call them up and cancel the order. If they've already charged your card, have them refund it, without any BS fees like re-stocking or anything. If they won't do it, call your cc and tell them they havent delivered and wont and you want a chargeback.
It never surprises me the things people advertise to sell and dont have it in stock, but wanna charge you up front for it and then they themselves order it. I always make sure they have things in stock before I order from anyone.

Historic Rail has been discussed here and at several other model railroading sites. They are a drop ship operation. They advertise what's in the pipeline their suppliers with no regards to it being in stock. Since they have no inventory, they just wait until their supplier gets it back in stock (if ever), at which point you'll get your order. They have done the same thing to lots of people - let them order it only to find out it's not in stock and then try to hold backorders for months. To make matters worse, they sell everything at list price and sometimes above. Cancel the order and use this as a learning experience to ask questions about a new supplier before you place an order.

Historic Rail has been discussed here and at several other model railroading sites. They are a drop ship operation. They advertise what's in the pipeline their suppliers with no regards to it being in stock. Since they have no inventory, they just wait until their supplier gets it back in stock (if ever), at which point you'll get your order. They have done the same thing to lots of people - let them order it only to find out it's not in stock and then try to hold backorders for months. To make matters worse, they sell everything at list price and sometimes above. Cancel the order and use this as a learning experience to ask questions about a new supplier before you place an order.
Thanks. I will cancel the order today.

Yep Historic Rail must buy their list from Walthers or someone . I have never ordered a thing form them but I get their catalogs all the time. The prices are all morethen alot of onsite sellers and also my local hobby shop !

I think I get a snail mail flyer from them once a month. I don't know how I got on the list, I've never purchased from them. Could be Walthers, the NMRA, or any magazine I used to subscribe to. I usually just pitch the catalogs. I've occasionally flipped through and never saw anything particularly unique I couldn't get somewhere else for less.

Andy

I've seen some amazing deals on the Genesis SD70M with 6 boxcars through them, just never actually ordered one.

Well, I just ordered some Athearn Chessie 40' coal hoppers from internethobbies.com because they don't seem to be available anywhere else. I hope I don't have the same issue I did with some seller on ebay! I ordered a B&O GP30 a month ago and it STILL hasn't come yet! :mad: Anyone know anything about internethobbies? They sent me a statement saying they will ship in 2-3 days...

-Rich

I've bought from InternetHobbies with no problems and know several people who have also had good experiences with them. There's another site with a similar sounding name, InternetTrains. Don't every buy anything from them! :(

Hi folks.
I finally got in my order just today by US Mail. I got an HO Scale BN Burlington Northern SD40-2 from Historic Rail. I waited for over a Month for my order. But the wait is finally over. I tell you one thing. Never again will I order any Model Trains from these people. I checked the Model to see if there where any kind of damages,none. It looks very nice. Thanks to everyone for the advice. Take care now.

Oh BTW. The Engine number is the BN 7849.

Back