Hi from Ohio!

Hello everyone, I'm a 25 year old professional from Ohio who was into trains as a kid, and now I have some time and a little space to get back into it!!

My grandfather has a very large walkaround layout which I've been very intently following and helping him with; but as he is over 5 hours away, I'm starting my own layout! Over the last year or so I've dug up my old train boxes and realized I have quite some work to do. I've been cleaning up the engines, working on my wiring and soldering and learning about wiring, now it's time to start the benchwork. The catch is that I'm still living in an apartment and need to build a mobile layout; so space saving and sticking to a module are key. So hopefully with your help and input I'll be able to create a successful layout.

I am definitely sticking with HO scale as that is what all my stock and locomotives are, and I also have an EZ command system. I know it's not great, but it will suit me for quite a few years before moving along in the DCC realm. I'm more looking to get some advice on my layout, somewhere between 2x4ft and 2x8ft modules.

Last edited by a moderator:
Capt,

Welcome to the forum, I'm in Ohio too. What part of the Buckeye state are you in?

I was into trains as a kid and am getting back in to it as well, I also model in HO.

PLE

I'm from the Cleveland area! I go out and watch trains all the time around here. There's also a few good train shows up here as well...

35tac & Capt,

I'm in Wadsworth, moving to Akron soon, maybe we should get together and railfan or something?

iroc, where are you in Ohio?

PLE

iroc,

I'm not far from Canton either, maybe we should get together too?

When is the open house at your club? Looks interesting!

PLE

iroc,

I'm not far from Canton either, maybe we should get together too?

When is the open house at your club? Looks interesting!

PLE

Open house is the two weekends before T-giving. From 10a to 5p. I will be running the roundhouse/diesel service facility all 4 days. Stop by and have a look if you have time. Make sure you look me up if you do.

Northern Ohio

How about meeting at the Medina Train and Toy Show, Sunday December 2 2012. Its held at the Medina County Fairgrounds on RT 42, Medina, Ohio. Hours are 10-4. It's a great show.
Wayne
W&LE

I'm in! Medina show sounds great. I'll mark my calendar now. Where should we meet there?

PLE

Medina Train and Toy Show

I'm in! Medina show sounds great. I'll mark my calendar now. Where should we meet there?

PLE

Well, either at the show at a particular time in the entrance or someplace for breakfast?
Wayne

Well, either at the show at a particular time in the entrance or someplace for breakfast?
Wayne

I like the idea of breakfast! There's just about everything right off of 71 at Medina Road. Denny's, Bob Evans, Waffle House, McDonalds... Any preference?

Ohio

I like the idea of breakfast! There's just about everything right off of 71 at Medina Road. Denny's, Bob Evans, Waffle House, McDonalds... Any preference?

Well, lets plan on meeting at Bob Evans, Rt 18 and I-71 at 9:00AM on Sunday 12/2.
Wayne

Medina show breakfast

35tac & Capt,

I'm in Wadsworth, moving to Akron soon, maybe we should get together and railfan or something?

iroc, where are you in Ohio?

PLE

Are you planning on meeting Mike and I at Bob Evans I-71 and RT 18 Sunday morning 9:00AM for breakast.

Wayne

Back