Hi, everybocy. Just signed up

pmwtrain

I built a couple of 4X8s when I was a kid but not to completion and nothing impressive.
I have been out of the hobby for decades but now I'm in my 40s and just started building
my first dcc layout (man has the technology advanced since I was a kid!).

I don't have a huge space but consider myself lucky to have a spare room to build my
HO scale around the room layout. I also don't have a lot of extra time or money so
progress is slow. I have completed the bench work and am ready to glue down the
foam board. I also purchase a locomotive and a NCE Power Cab. Both of which I am very
happy with (I just run it on some impermanent track for now).

I'm looking forward to interacting with all of you and excited about everything those of
you who are more experienced (just about all of you :)) can tell me.

Welcome aboard pmwtrain. Got a real name? This is the friendliest model railroad forum on the Internet, and everyone is always very happy to answer questions. Just ask away. If you get a chance, visit the Coffee Shop for some BS, modeling-wise, the real thing and lots of other stuff not remotely related to railroads. What are your intentions? Or have you decided yet?

Willie

Yeah, pmwtrain, along with Willie - Welcome!
Along with a name - Where u hail from? What RR do you follow? Comon over to the Coffee Shop and jaw a little.

Gidday mate, you'll soon find out this is a friendly bunch, always ready to lend a hand with advise and banter. As you said, it's a bit of a culture shock to what was around back then. You've chosen a very easy system as your command station, user friendly as they say. Good also that you have somewhere to indulge the passion and are getting on with it. You've obviously already done some study and research, so anything we can help with, just holler :)

Welcome to the forum. I use to frequent many but now this one is "home". I hope you enjoy the hobby and forum!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum. As has been mentioned before, this is probably the friendliest forun on the internet. If you have any questions at all, don't hesitate to ask. There are many experience modelers here and you will get an answer.

Thanks for the kind welcome everyone.

I will peruse the forum over the next couple of days and I'm sure some
comments and questions will soon follow. I'm looking forward to interacting
with other modelers!

Stop by the Coffee House, have a cup and meet some modelers. coffee.gif This is a general chat about anything but politics.

Welcome to the forum. You will be glad you stopped here because the folks here are a great help and you'll be able to learn a lot from these guys. It is amazing what is different from when we were kids to now. I love it and I'm glad to be a part of this hobby again.

Look forward to seeing what you have and what you're building.

Dave

Thanks, Dave. I'm looking forward to getting to the point at which I'll have some
photos to share ;). Got about half of the foam board glued down today...progress!

Back