Here I go again!!

Hey Nick, I've been asking myself the same question? any ideas.

Thanks Steve, it early days yet and needs a few tweaks here and there.

Ken.

The quickest way I could think to do it would be with a microprocessor and 1 infared transmitter and several recievers. I don't know what your experience is with it but I would set the transmitter up underneath the single piece of track that doesn't move set the recievers up under each track on the moving piece. Then in some code for the microprocessor assign an address to the recievers. So that when the microprocessor was told to move the motor till it recieved a signal from reciever #5 it would move until receiver #5 was turned on by the infared transmitter. The microprocessor would get this signal and stop the motors. This is exactly how I would do it, my only problem is I can't bargain for anymore room. :D

switches, motors, dcc I can handle, microprocessors????? NOT!! wow a bit out of my league. but I see where your coming from Nick.

Ken.

Man I wish you like 20 min away. I could so do the microprocessor part for you, I have the programmers at my house. Are you any good at computer codes such as C?? If so you could go to www.avrfreaks.net and talk to the guys and ask for ideas it's forum for microprocessors and has a lot of beginner tutorials.

Looking good Ken, I know you must be excited! I remember tearing down the layout in my old house, it took 5 years before I finally got around to building another! Kept on finding other mrr-related activities that diverted me from building the new layout.

Man I wish you like 20 min away. I could so do the microprocessor part for you, I have the programmers at my house. Are you any good at computer codes such as C?? If so you could go to www.avrfreaks.net and talk to the guys and ask for ideas it's forum for microprocessors and has a lot of beginner tutorials.

Ah Nick whats C?? Sorry mate I can load software and get the web cam to work but thats about it.:D

Ken.

Looking good Ken, I know you must be excited! I remember tearing down the layout in my old house, it took 5 years before I finally got around to building another! Kept on finding other mrr-related activities that diverted me from building the new layout.

It's slowly but surely I think Ken.

Ken.

Back