NYSW F45

I need help finding this part. I saw it the other day and cannot for
the life of me figure out or remember where I saw it. It is a filler
piece for the SP/DRGW noses that have or used to house the horizontal
headlights with gyralite above it. Not the verticaly positioned
headlights just thrown into the nose. They are mostly seen on the
tunnel motors. This piece is either plastic or molded metal and is a
filler piece.

here is a picture of nysw 3016 that has the headlight im describing.
http://98flairside.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id= 368638

and here is what the filler piece would create.
http://98flairside.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id= 744615

any help would be great.

Last edited by a moderator:
Details West makes the whole unit with horizontal headlights and warning light above. Their stuff usually comes as separate pieces, so you could probably just leave the warning light off. 235-200

I think that casting is also sold w/o the lights... brb...

Ahhh, I DO have one, I can offer you for $.50. It came packaged in a GP30 I bought long ago 2nd hand, I guess they were going to use it one it?

Jb, could you post a pic of what you have? The piece im looking for has not lights, and isn't capable of holding lights. The second link showing 3018 is exactly what is sold, it's a filler piece that would cover up/fill in any existing light's that were mounted to old SP/DRGW units.

Oh... you need the 2nd piece!? Don't use a detail part for that, just trim the nose, then fill with styrene (if it opens up) from the back, and some putty, file smooth and you're done. The DW nose headlight casting that matches is one so you'd spend unnecessary time cutting putting the casting in, filling, filing the casting, ect...

I myself when adding BNSF nose lights do it by hand.

Here's the DW nose light you'd be using to get that flattened panel, installed on a P2K GP30.
View attachment 7844

If for whatever reason you decide to ignore my advice, you want HL-137 or HL-138, and file off the headlight.

I have HL-200, w/o the single light casting.

jb you got the part # right, its the 137. after re-re-re-reading the super detailing parts section i found the picture.

no, when i first saw the pic i thought it didn't have the light. im going to get the part and file down the light part, hack up the hose and mold it in. i'de use the styren but not used to cutting/gluing/molding things like that yet. i dont even think it would come out the way it's supposed to :)

ok now that i know the part # for what i've been looking for. I need to know if the details west MU cable's are really a wire type of is the whole thing cast pewter? Trying to figure out if its worth buying them or not. The tunnel motor im ordering most of the parts for is kinda tricky. SP had a weird ditch light setup on the anticlimber. Its a tall bracket that on the engineers side the ditch light is at the top with the MU recepticle on the bottom, the conductors side is jsut the ditch at the top. I've yet to find anything that comes close to this setup. Am I looking custom? and would it be worth it to try and get a set of operating ditch lights?

Also are the mu hoses for the sanding and what not somewhat flexible?
Here is a link to a pic i took a while back.

NYSW 3016 front end

Details west are all cast metal, besides the cast brass on occasion for air horns.

Check out the OMI details parts list, on their site...

Yes sir, they have some good MU lines, I dunno if they have the larger hose though. All brass, fairly cheap.

I need air horns from them, and some other parts. Someday...

i was checking them out lastnight at work. was hoping maybe they were like real wire. Granted it would be easy to do yourself, but i'de have to find just the MU plug with no wire on it.

Back