Help..I messed up CV29

lmackattack

old school
I was trying to set up my Tsunami for speed tables. the loco was on address 3
I set cv29 = 50 and now lost what address it is set on.

I tried reseting the decoder on the program track but it wont reset. I had this happen before where my MRC unit did not have to power to reset it. I had to take it down to the club to do it.

Im hoping if I can find short address 3 is converted to in long address I can at least get control back of the loco and reset it again.

HELP!:confused:

You might try programming on the main. The only problem there is you can't change the address on the main. You can attempt to reset it on the main, not sure this works on the main either but worth a shot. Make sure no other locos are on the main when you do it though. You may have to go back to the club though as it sounds like they have a test track with a booster set up.

You can reset by either setting CV 30 to a value of 2 or CV 8 to
a value of 8. Once the CVs are entered you must cycle the power (turn the power off then back on)

I tried the cv30=2 and cv8=8 did not take it this time. Think My MRC needs a booster... I think what happend is I had the loco on address 0003, changed CV29=50 (extended address,forward,speed tables,no dc, etc....) and now the loco is lost in extended address range. If I had JMRI I could put in an address of 3 and then it may show what that is in extended address? I want to see if I can reset the loco if I can find what 3 = in extended range? I may have this all wrong but I think it can be done?

Thanks for the tip....

Trent

You can reset any decoder on the main by selecting address "00" and entering all the appropriate information in steps for that decoder's reset procedure in Ops Mode, or Programming on the Main. Don't forget....that part of a proper reset procedure is to remove power after the exit from programming, and then power up the tracks again. Try address "03"

Another Don't forget...to remove all other decoders from the track being powered and where the commands to do this reset are issued. They'll all obey the call to reset if you don't.

CRANDELL.... your my Hero

Went down to the train room and did the 00 trick...never heard about that one. worked like a charm!!!!

Thanks for the help!
Trent

I wish I knew about that trick 2 years ago. evertime I locked myself out I had to bring the loco to the club to get a reset. Suprised the decoder manuals dont note the 00 reset?

It's probably not overly published as somebody might try it with a layout full of DCC loco's and reset them all. If something like that happened at our club they'd probably lynch the person responsible:eek: You have to keep things idiot proof these days.

Trent, you are welcome, and I'll stand to be a hero just until midnight. :D

A couple of years back, someone was my hero for the same reason. Another forum, a different engine, but the reason for doing it was the same....an intractible decoder that didn't want to play nice. Just passing on a good tip. :)

Crandell

Back