Help finding Superliner cars?

Amtrak47

Hey everyone, been a few years since I've been here as I've walked away from the hobby for a while, but have decided to jump back into it. I'd like to once again, build up a consist but unfortunately it seems next to impossible unless you model current era Amtrak.

What I'm looking for are Kato HO scale Superliner cars in Phase III, mainly coaches and a Diner. If anyone has any leads or knows someone who is selling them, I will buy. I'm looking to model early 1990's Amtrak and the market for this seems disappointingly slim. I've only managed to get a hold of 1 Superliner car (A sleeper) thus far so it's a start. I know this may be a tall order but any help/info would be appreciated.

~Thank you.

I'd like to once again, build up a consist but unfortunately it seems next to impossible unless you model current era Amtrak.

What I'm looking for are Kato HO scale Superliner cars in Phase III, mainly coaches and a Diner.
Why are are you restricting yourself to Kato brand? I was unaware that Kato had even done an HO version. Walthers made a good set of cars, in the paint scheme you are looking for.

https://www.walthers.com/superliner-i-phase-iii

While phase IVb is much more common there are still phase iii cars to be found on ebay, and a lot more common than Kato cars.

Walther’s cars are also hard to find and when they can be found, people often want $100+ per car especially for the plated version. I’m no fan of their old superliners either. Besides, I already have a Kato Sleeper car on the way, might as well stick to the brand.

Back